Sunday, February 13, 2011

When Your Brain Breaks







http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

I’m so glad I chose the focus of creativity for my blog—it feels giddily limitless, like when I watch an escaped balloon float off into the sky until my eye can no longer track it.

One of the ways I recognize creativity is by noticing how different individuals utilize life experience. What if you woke up one morning and couldn’t recognize who you were; couldn’t do the regular things you’ve done every morning for most of your lifetime? I have a friend who had a brain aneurysm some years ago. It changed everything about how she did and saw life. I believe she is stronger for having gone on that journey.

In this week’s video clip, another survivor, Jill Bolte Taylor, a researcher fascinated with brain chemistry, utilizes a life-changing moment when her brain short-circuited due to an aneurysm. She explores in detail the process she was going through and shares it so eloquently and with such heart-opening authenticity, that I couldn’t possibly not pass it along. I laughed, I cried; it moved me. Creativity of the human spirit is what she brings to mind. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment